Tuesday, April 30, 2013

My new front porch!!

I finally got around to doing a project I have been waiting years to do! We moved into our house several years ago and from the moment I saw the front porch I hated it. I knew that eventually I would change it out, but life happened and now it has been years. I guess though it is better late than never! This is the before picture of what it looked like. Pretty plain and ugly isn't it! That is not one of the prettiest browns I have ever seen. It really made the porch feel tiny, dark and closed off.



It took me about 8 hours on a Saturday to paint everything. I had to do 2 coats of paint on the walls to cover the brown. Initially I was going to paint the door black just like the trim around it, but my husband said no. So, off I ran to the paint store to look for a color that would go well, and he would like. I came back with about 20 different choices and he picked this beautiful gray/blue! I LOVE it!! I am so glad now that I didn't go with black!


After redoing everything on Saturday my husband thought I was done. I guess he was hoping I was done. Anyone who knows me knows I probably wasn't done. Hehehehe! So, yesterday I pulled out the wood I had bought a few weeks ago and I cut, sanded, stained and built myself a screen door!! I have been wanting one FOREVER and I figured now was a great time to build one. I did look at buying one, but either I couldn't find what I wanted, or what I wanted was too much money. So, for about $45 I built one. I still haven't put a latch in. I am debating either adding a hook or a magnetic latch. I do need something though....and soon!

So, there you have it! My new front porch. I just love, LOVE, LOVE it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment