Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Yummy simple dinner

Last night I was not in the mood to make dinner, plus I forgot to pull meat out to thaw the night before so I had to come up with something quick AND easy. I riffled through my freezer to see what I could find and then I went to my pantry. I found frozen chicken tenderloins, artichoke hearts in a jar, fresh asparagus and garlic. So I turned my stove on to med-low and started to heat up the pan. Then I thawed my chicken (about 4 pounds) on the counter for about 15 minutes until the ice started to melt. Once it was mostly melted I placed it in the pan and cooked it for about 3 minutes per side. I added the whole Costco sized jar of artichoke hearts with the oil to the pan and then I let it cook for 15ish minutes stirring occasionally  In another pan I melted 3 Tbs of butter and then added about 3 cloves of garlic. I let it simmer for a few minutes then I added the whole Costco sized bag of asparagus and covered it with a lid. I let it cook for about 10 minutes until it was soft. My kids and husband LOVED it! They ate it all up and asked for more. I usually don't get a response like that so I know this is a winner. Sorry I don't have any pictures this time...by the time I realized I should blog about this it was all gobbled up. I guess I could have taken a picture of the empty plates but my kids did the dishes so fast that wasn't really a possibility either. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment